Saturday, June 2, 2012

A important friend from Dreams Possible

-------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donna wong
Date: Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Subject: Red Chan (大學副教授、牛津大學博士、生命教練)
To: Eugene


B,

http://ln.academia.edu/RedChan

From Red angle, she sees your issue as a gift of life from the heaven. Most people didn't choose a harder way to do projects but only manage to get better marks in U (She has been in U as a professor for many years in UK and HK)  but you insisted to challenge yourself DESPITE THE RISK. This was very rare and she appreciated your courage SO MUCH and hopes to have  such students in her life. Your requirement to yourself is much higher than normal students.

I should have given you such trust and recognition, but I didn't until now. Terribly sorry. I should not have given your too much expectation which means to give myself too much expectation and pressure, she said to me. This shows I have not enough confidence in you and myself. Her words were very interesting and reflecting. I never thought about this before even though I believed learned so much already.

She said the most important thing is you must have learned much from the independently trying, you will be finding more ways and will be more flexible in future for sure. The results were a tiny thing in whole life, really not too much. But your experiences such as to be an exchange student and to playing Bungee jump without telling us first, all are turning points in your life. If you have courage to try a hard one, you have resources to make it better.

Red has written some books and a life coach as well. She just asked you to write to her and call her ANYTIME, she will be very happy to know you and reply to you. She will very happy to be your friend. You will know her when you are back.

I found in life I really need such coach. And all her help is for free.

Professor Red Chan'sTel: 852-60121827
and her email: red.chan@sant.oxon.org

Good night,

p.s. Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.

Mom
_______________________________________________________________________
31-5-2012
Dear Red,

Thanks so much for your appreciation and invitation. It will be a very pleasant, relaxed time for sure...

Maybe, my worry at that moment was a bit from my own imagination You are right. Eugene should have ability to face his own issues. We as parents are happy to find his emotion control is better from the exchange, growing up to a  responsible guy. Now he is going to do the FYP. Their group chose an adviser, who is famous for his stringiness, nevertheless, he is relentless for self improvement.  The group care much for interesting project, learning rather for marks.

I found DP is a place that we can share and support with heart and soul, which has not felt yet from else anywhere although I have learned many courses in the past ten years.

I told Eugene that me  I have met a "long-lost" friend who gives me a sense of being confident, peaceful, stronger, even though I was not yet strong enough.

That is crucial, the most important thing is how we see ourselves. Others' response is usually the image of our own behavior. Perception is projection. 

Great! We are looking forward to visiting you.

==-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Prof. chan.
1 message



Donna Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM
To: eugenew wong , Mrs Stella Coles , janet_to@hotmail.com
We are going to visit two remarkable persons, one is a translation expert - Prof. Red Chan and the other is her mother, an eighty  -year -old cancer fighter, who has beaten cancer over last decade and a volunteer in helping people in need.

We will find everyone has emotion, esp. when things are not going well, under pressure and ESP. Health issues.

I just curious how the old lady is so obsessed in learning at such age, finished Dreams Possible Courses; how she comes over so many suffers and still so interested in helping people.

Red, I will ask  her bring-up and her life in UK.


Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment