Saturday, June 2, 2012

Seaching for ourselves


The seed of Greatness – session one 19-5-2012

Dear B,

I found you are a very expressive guy when you are in group situations.

Last night was a breakthrough for me to know you better. First, I am amazed to hear you express your feelings about your reflection on Dr Lin’s first talk on Sees of Greatness. That is the fundamental value of a family is LOVE –parents’ unconditional love to children is the most important assets to them. I couldn’t agree more


I am grateful to know the conversation on Google Chat in last several months were a crucial support to you and the only and best bridge between our hearts. Every day I was waiting for you to say Hi, Mom, I am fine or I can manage and I still remember that you said you were facing so many challenges and you were accustomed yourself to them, despite the toughness. At that time, I was moved to tear up. Father was happy to know that as well.


The chats also became a channel for you to release your emotion, sharing your learning and priceless experiences. If you could elaborate a bit clearly, it would have been much easier for me to understand your status instead creating confusion and unnecessary worry and fear, esp. without emails and tel to understand the whole situations sometimes. So you can imagine being the listener and receiver, so as to try the best English or even Chinese to present your ideas. Presentation skills are to show your ability of convincing others and influence others, but in the first place to minimize communication troubles.

You as our son and our best friend, me as your mother and friend and listener, we will always support each other on the journey to grow up at different phrases of life.


I realized that physical ageing is inevitable but youth mindset is eternal if we are curious like Andrew, care for others like Mother Teresa; relentlessly dream big and live up with dreams like Steve Jobs.


Regarding the special test that I have never heard before, I will keep an open mind to dig up its mechanism and to discover myself although I also have doubt in it. That is why I would try myself to find out. But I have learnt from real experiences after the test and changes bring to them, free released and much relaxed, easier during study and work. It indicates the shining areas that we can develop with full potential and weak areas that need adjustments so that we can shape our character for better.


Hopefully, it can cut way shorter to find one-self and meaning of life by treasuring our gift talents that everyone has.  


I have leant various theories about human character…, this is completely different, without any outside factors’ impact.  Intriguing.


I will keep a peaceful mind to face myself in the assessment, accept myself, thank myself and change for better. It is a wonderful experience to see oneself if we stand from an objective prospective. I am sure it will show I am not alone in terms of weakness and I am unique in terms of myself as a human being.

Everyone can be a diamond if it is given chance to polish, to shine. Where is the chance, it is everywhere if we keep aware.

Stay hungry, stay foolish. (Steve Jobs)

Stay open-minded, thus being able to stay young. ( my finding)

B,

Your improvement in maturity, personality, self-management and social experience from Singapore are impressive. We all agree it was a turning point in your life.

The thing is you start to put yourself in others’ shoes. Then you will keep many troubles from you and find inner peace by balancing your mind.

For sharing of my findings:


All negative emotions are rooted from fear, i including worry of failure, hatred and jealousy. Ironically, the greatest fear is fear itself.


Why fearful? There is an insufficiency in knowledge, awareness of oneself and thus less confidence in oneself. . . But all can be learned if we want to expand our awareness…

The mightiest energy is not physical but psychological – that is Grace, Love and Gratitude.

 Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment