Thursday, September 8, 2011

A breakthrough in Speaking English and speech leaning



8-9-11

The 7-day's most intensive course in my life finally came to an end. It must have been one of the longest weeks in my life. I was completely exhausted. I slept 4 hours or less each day... but i made it.



Our trainer is an experienced presenter, host and coach, working in Entertainment for many years. She is so charming, I wonder she was an Miss America.

http://www.kerimurphy.com/



I haven't had a sense of breakthrough for many years until yesterday I did my presentation drill for 30 minutes and today 40 minutes WITHOUT AND HINT CARDS or outline cards and of course no scrip to be allowed.



Actually yesterday was the first breakthrough. I found if I could do 30 min, 40 to 60 min would be not a problem. Then it has been proved today's presentation exam with 40 min was much relaxed than the 30 min.



For me, it is a tremendous improvement in spoken English as well presentation skills which I have never learnt before. If you listened to TONY ROBINS" speech or Chris', that is the scenario we were trained to create to the audience. I got so many incredible challenges to my comfort zone, in return, I also got huge fulfillment. In the end called Closing, we need to sell our services or products or ask for fund raising. Just exactly like Chris Howard's Breakthrough to Success.

Not power point allowed but full of inspiring stories and personal experience of expertise were involved. At the beginning, I coludn't believe this system - who can remember so many words.

I like the part - Closing as it flowed so well and organic. I found they were quite interested and they felt it was a real situation. But it is only a dream, more realistic now for me. The presentation became a “business proposal” in an emotional way for me, honestly.



Only this part was not written but there was only an outline. Why could I do it the best? I believe it is because I have working experience, which made me feel pretty easier and organic. I need to be sincerer and passionate as I had been done successfully as insurance agent. If I trust my products, as they have left me up to next level in quality of life and spiritually happiness, customers will trust you and buy from you. That is a hidden value, not the product, but your passion and confidence.

I dared to be televised this time as a testimonial. I now have no hesitation to speak to native foreigners as they have taught me so much these days.



There were plenty things to be surprised, not only from the courses but from the classmates as many of them are already professional English speakers and presenters but still came to learn to improve.



Wendy, who could only speak a little bit English, finally he managed to speak for 10 minutes without scripts. So inspiring and awesome. Soness is my mentor in the training. You know her. She is an America presenter and actress, NLP trainer in University of Japan. She said I made her feel so proud. I was amazed. The strictest evaluator Vivian said she was relieved to see my improvement. I was so grateful for all the group mates and evaluator, esp. Sonness and Vivian help. Kari, of course, the first I need to thank to for her turning such long, intensive days into a fun, charming, exciting moment.

Some of them are already millionaires or billionaires with so many speech experience but they were so humbler to learn and found to have reward so much.



The big relevance is that learning communication skills is a lifelong education, through learning we found so many opportunities and potential to expand in ourselves and for our career or business.


I found all students here are very special and superbly creative, including me, I dare to say. “Everyone can be good story tellers and public speakers.” I have to say I started to believe this. Some of them are already in those positions but still keep improving.



Andrew , a bright, young computer guy, was in my group in the final presentation,. I learnt so much from him. He started to use speech to develop his business. He is a wonderful story teller.


Almost everyone was so unique and powerful speaker in the last day.







No comments:

Post a Comment