Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hiking in THUNDERSTORM

Beautiful coastline where we hiked along the mountain trial before the storm








I didn't know I was such resilient creature until I was hiking in a thunderstorm during the Mother's DAY last Sunday in the South District of Hong Kong from Wong Nei Chun to Stanley. Lighting and heavy rain continued for almost 30 minutes in the middle way to the destination. I would have thought I must have another serious flu. But I tried to think something positive, becausee I believe if I worry something, something will happen.

I have been sick for more than one month and I had to do some vigorous workout like hiking to get myself out of the poor shape. With pray for sunny day inside my mind, I challenged myself to hike despite the expected unstable weather.

We had four people together in that hiking. All were thoroughly wet even with umbrellas.
The only thing we could do in the mountain trails were running and running to avoid being cold. Lightening and thunders were around us, rains like dogs and cats poured to us. All we thought were to get out of here asap…

Back to home, after drinking ginger water and having a hot bath, dramatically, I found my long-lasting throat pain didn’t get worse but almost disappeared. It was like a magic.

This amazing experience disclosed that if I have no worry, I have less health issues. Most of all, positive thinking and workout is the best medicine to heal our soul and body.

Lesson 2 is: hiking in storm is not fun and should not to take a chance.

Looming lightening and storm around us











No comments:

Post a Comment