Monday, March 18, 2013

Reflections on Mind Reading tech - Wah Shan's workshop


Dear Wah Shan,
 
 

I was wondering what you would talk on MIND READING – a topic that I have been intrigued for a long time.

Despite the differences between my expectations and the content your present in the workshop, I got some interesting learnings from it:

I found that I can connect to my subconscious mind much faster due to my previous hypnosis study and the ongoing DP training.

In the exercise of Timeline - going back to time of our childhood, a five year-old-girl with limitless imagination, telling her made up fairy stories for hours without ending. That was a little girl of me. I recalled my dream at that time was to be a story teller or writer.

Then I recalled just two years ago, I had a stage presentation course through NLP skills – at the end, everyone presented their own stories, projects or any topics for 45 min. in English without scripts. Just like your presentation style, no notes and no power point. I realized what was possible when we speak from our heart.

As an observer last night, I paid lots of attention this time on how you harnessed hypnosis to lead us into trance. Just in very short time, you could connect to quite lots of people’s deep mind and create a pretty high state of self- reflection and soul searching. The second young man’s sharing proved again this. That is a powerful communication skill I admire and need to learn.

However, I felt sorry for people who could not get into the trance despite your huge, effort. This may be improved. Having discussed with Eugene about the workshop environment, I have some suggestions for the workshops:

1.     Although background noise is inevitable during discussion, people are quite affected by the atmosphere. I suggest we can control the lighting strength. To help people search for their soul better, perhaps the lighting could be dimmer during meditation or hypnosis processes.

2.     If visitors and coaches/listeners/observers sit in 45 degree angle, people may be engaged more easily in the rather noisy environment and have better rapport. In my  NLP and other self-development courses, trainers requested us to sit in this way. In my sales experiences,  it proves  people like to sit side by side rather opposite subconsciously.

      In my opinion, one of the goals of DP courses and workshops are a discovery of our hidden potential by awaking up our subconscious power so that we can live up to our dreams effortlessly.

Grateful to know you as our mentor.

Every day is a blessing!

Donna

17-2-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment