Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My first DP alumni gathering


Tonight, I went to the DP gathering the first time,meeting different classes' seniors. Queenie came afterwards. We were new blood to DP.
I was surprised to find something in common in the DP community from the game in appreciation of characters of our own.
Before DP course, I found to praise ourselves was shameful and hard to find things to appreciate. After DP, I  can find much more merits inherited from our parents and by birth. Many have the same feeling.

To my amazement, we have many beautiful characters in common, esp. in loving and caring.

I praised myself to be curious, kind and caring, open-minded, outspoken, understanding, helpful and grateful, reflective and obsessive for improving...

After DP courses, many of them found their change in terms of the following aspects:
  • people become more cheered up and loving,kinder,positive
  • more appreciate selves and responsible to themselves. No complaints at all.
  • more open-minded and peaceful to changes in life. A lady just went out from ICU and she looked so peaceful and grateful when experienced death and life just now
  • more understanding about our strength and weakness
Just feel so grateful!


I immediately dropped down all the characters I need to improve: carefulness, strong action power, calmness, fast thinking...


First mask one month ago
Second mask last night




We drew another masks in the second game:















I didn't realize the two have so many in common but a little bit difference:

From the two masks, I can feel I have more confidence to face the ever-changing world and more peaceful towards death and things I used to feel uneasy...Just embracing life...

 
In details:

Both showing loving side and curious side.
Both love peace and green


Interestingly, the new one looks much younger while the old one is like a Buddhist. The young one is more playful, childlike and funny.


In the previous courses, they were asked to draw two faces :inside and outside ones. inside is self at home and the other is the one to the society: subconscious self and conscious self. i was thinking that
this would be tough to me as I usually have only one side most of the time.

This is proved by the two masks: the first one was much subconscious as we had no preparation and the second one was drawn after character analysis.

Surprised to me that they are very alike in color,layout and ideas. Do my subconscious mind and conscious mind in alignment?

That means my conscious and subconscious mind are almost in alignment. 

That explains I am a rather simple person, easy to be satisfied. Gratefulness and carefree character is reflected in the drawing.



Queenie's new one is so different:so joyful, lovely and brightened up. So happy for her change inside out...

 A searching for self process.

The wonder of the mask drawing was that
  • each one is unique and not repetitive next time 
  • each one is a presentation of one's state of mind
  • they are ourselves intimate characters to shine our life in facing any challenge
  • a kind of art no matter how raw they might look, but pure and sweet.


Dear Athena, Maurice and Johnny and 君, your leadership was  impressive. Thanks you. Athena's mediation leading process was very inspiring to help us to embrace ourselves ...

28-3-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment