Monday, October 17, 2011

Death is only a ‘stop’ in Life Journey - On the day of Memory of Mr NG WING HONG

17-10-11




(One of Mr Ng's favorite hobbies was is to taking photos of butterflies)

Death is only a ‘stop’ in Life Journey

17-10-11

Mr Ng wing Hong has left us for two weeks. On his last two days in the world, he became a Christian. It must be his last and one of the most important decisions in his life, which was also the last spiritual present to his family without any doubt, making them much relieved and easier to get through the most difficult time.

In his Christian ceremony, I was deeply moved by Mrs Ng and his two sons’ strong character that must be influenced by his father. I could absolutely understand their pain, suffering and sorrow for lost their loved one. We could learn his family, best friend, colleague and his classmate sharing about their experience with Mr Ng and understanding about Mr Ng’s –his helpful, warmhearted and sincere character, his diligent lifelong learning spirit, hardworking attitude and versatile talents. His eldest son told us his father’s first consideration was to reduce the impact of his departure to minimum, even when he was battling against cancer, he never lost his temper and lost his faith to recover. He struggled to eat every mouthful of food until finishing it and breathed every monthly of air with the oxygen breathing device. He never thought of death until the last days.

In our family’s eye, he was a mountaineer, a warmhearted friend and a amateur photographer. We have enjoyed his photo about nature very often, which was incredibly beautiful and awesome.



There were some important things I have learnt from the service:

There are three savings we need to do in our life –

That is to create wealth

By build better health style, without health, without anything ( to save health)

To create spiritual wealth (to save spiritual properties)

– Friends for sharing and support

_ Knowledge and positive energy

To create value for others and thus ourselves (to save money is part of the savings)



The service was truly a process to remember our lost friend and encourage people to learn from him and give great comfort to his family. Most importantly, it was a celebration of love, caring and encouragement and life lesson to people who attended.

I am sure if Mr Ng could know all of the process, he would be much relieved and live in peace forever.

Well, compared with traditional Chinese funeral, I have to say that Christian ceremony and rites much more effectively serves the purpose of a service for a deceased because the speeches were included. I found the following purposes were fulfilled in the ceremony –

·      to remember the deceased

·      to share experiences and learn from of the deceased

·      to conform the survivors

·      to give positive energy to the people whom was loved and cared by the deceased to live with each day with love, passion, gratitude and joy.



I didn’t imagine my favorite song Amazing Grace was the background music in the ceremony. I was deeply impressed by the atmosphere. It gave us a sense of peace, relief and strength to face future challenge and to treasure each day as the last day of life with gratitude.


Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.



The priest’s speech about attitude to death from Christian’s point of view surprised me so much. I realized that my view to death is in echo with their views, that is life is not the end of life but a “bus-stop” in the life journey, a phrase of life, thus a part of life if we think spiritual life is enteral in a world full of love. I truly believe this and appreciate Christian’s ideology to life. Although our physical body is left the world, our spirit can live forever. It never dies if I trust there is unconditional happiness and love in the world and that is our heaven.



Throughout the ceremony, I was touched by the family’s strong character and courage in facing the heartbreaking moment and people’s comfort. I was again compelled to feel the power of religion to reunion people and strengthen people’s confidence the hard time.



If my life is in down count with days or months to go, I will immediately apply to be Christian and arrange my own ceremony in Mr Ng’s way. That is the only way my message about to love, to care and to be passionate to life can be delivered effectively.

Through reading my letter to my family and friends, and other speakers’ point of views, my family and friends can understand me better about my attitude to life, why I choose to be a Christian at this life and death moment, why I decide to donate my useful organs and why I decide to spray my ash to the South China sea.

In the world with love, my life could be reborn. 

In the world with love, my family could be standing on their feet more quickly and set them at peace so that they can get back to normal life easier, and the impact of my departure will be reduced to minimum.



My attitude to Life:

The span of life is not the major factor of happiness. It is the quality of life – if we have really enjoyed the process of our life, if we have tried our best to improve the wellbeing of our loved ones, our families, which matters most.



My attitude to death:

- Regarding death and everything that we cannot change with our current resources and power, we’ve got to accept it, face it and adapt to the changes that brings to us and then we can release it.

So death is a fact of life, just let it go if we don’t scare of it. Don’t let it bother you too much to miss our so much wonderful things we already have or we can create.

For anything you have to do it, you’ve got to love it, and then you can make the best use of it and succeed. Similarly, death is a fact of life, if you know how to die (face it), you know how to live each day with meaning and fulfillment.

-death is not the destiny but a phrase of changing – to enter into a pure spiritual world by spreading our loving thoughts to our descendants, donating  my  useful organs to people who are in desperate need and to spray my body ash to ocean so as to be back to absolutely nature.

You can consider see death is not an end of life but a ‘bus stop’ of a life journey.

Here is my favorite poem about death -


“I have turned into

A glimpse of a wave stroking the shore,

A lining of sunlight warming your heart,

A breeze of wind refreshing your face,

A bunch of grass relaxing on the hill,

And a tuft of flowers smiling to you!"



-Anonymous






So I will be in the hill to embrace you, I will be in the sea to hug you and I will be in the smile to smile to you. Be with me each day in your mind as I was still round.

My last words would be if I was dying:

Be happy, be smiling and laughing all the time even in adversity.

Stay curious for new things;

Stay hungry for knowledge;

Stay foolish and don’t take it too serious to life.

Life can be fun if you see it fun and can be sad if you see it sad.

It is you mind makes the hell heaven and heaven the hell.




There were some important things I have learnt from the service:

There are three savings we need to do in our life –

That is to create wealth

By build better health style, without health, without anything ( to save health)

To create spiritual wealth ( to save spiritual properties)

– Friends for sharing and support

_ knowledge and positive energy

To create value for others and thus ourselves (to save money is part of the savings)



The service was truly a process to remember our lost friend and encourage people to learn from him and give great comfort to his family. Most importantly, it was a celebration of love, caring and encouragement and life lesson to people who attended.

I am sure if Mr Ng could know all of the process, he would be much relieved and live in peace forever.

Well, compared with traditional Chinese funeral, I have to say that Christian ceremony and rites much more effectively serves the purpose of a service for a deceased because the speeches were included. I found the following purposes were fulfilled in the ceremony –

·      to remember the deceased

·      to share experiences and learn from of the deceased

·      to conform the survivors

·      to give positive energy to the people whom was loved and cared by the deceased to live with each day with























No comments:

Post a Comment