Friday, January 15, 2010

Self discouvery - The Enneagram course

The Enneagram - Personality study

I just finished a short course in Enneagram. It origins ancient psychological theories by modeling personality into nine types. Although I have not been fully agreed on all of the approach, I found quite some theories are rational and agreeable with our life.

Study of the Enneagram is a process of observation and analysis of my own and people’s personality around me.

Meanwhile, I discovered that I am born with both a Peacemaker and Helper’s personalities. I am always trying to make everyone happy. This is my merit. However I might lose myself sometimes. The course helped me to realize how to make up my weaknesses by learning from others’ good characters. Every type of personality has their strength and weaknesses. No one is perfect. To understand others more, view things from multi-angles and appreciate others more.

The course enlightened me to step into other people’s shoes when dealing with issues, arguments and disputes.

This theory can help us to deal with people with different personalities in a sympatric and more open-minded way especially when one’s personality is so different from yourself. If we are open-minded enough and have a heart of love, we should accept any kind of personality and be able to live in difference.

Even under difficult circumstances, this theory can help to get more understanding with others and break down barriers.

Interestingly, if we treat self as another person and think by stepping into others’ shoes, our interpersonal relationship and communication with others will improve dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment