Monday, January 11, 2010

A feeling of revival

4.5.07

My first try on Yoga

There can be hardly anyone who has not heard of yoga. I’ve been fascinated by its wonderful work on my parents’ health for a long time but I haven’t dabbled in the practice until earlier this year when I received a cheque in 1888HK$. It is mailshot - an invitation advert from a newly- opened yoga centre in Causeway Bay called Yoga Planet for women. With this cheque, I could be entitled to have one-year membership.

It had been my aspiration to learn Hindus Yoga from professional yoga masters for ages. It was all because of my parents’ real experiences of yoga - My mother got instantly decent sleep in the yoga class and my father’s gastritis problem improved a lot after several sessions of yoga as well. So I couldn’t wait to register with this coupon as a member of the centre. But I had to wait for another 30 days to get a real taste of what a Hinduism Yoga was.

May 2 was its opening day. Having craving for yoga from another month since the registration, I finally tried 3 lessons consecutively starting from May 2.

The whole 12 floor is occupied by Yoga Plane. The reddish pink lobby with curved shaped cozy sofa and small tables already speaks for itself – a prestige centre for ladies only. The inside color from lockers, changing rooms, bath rooms and vanity rooms are in pure white, showing how hygiene, relaxing atmosphere it creates. The overall design was in curve shape and the general color is hot and warm – red and pink and white. It embodies that the Yoga is for ladies whose figures will be as beautiful, supple and flexible as the full of curved, state-of-the-art centre.

The first lesson was in Chinese, called Kryga Ananda. The teacher was Mona, a beautiful, slender figure with long curved pony plates.

Her voice was so soft and clear. Her breathe was so regular and vibrant. Her body was so staple and flexible…

Following to her instruction, a warm current flowed from my from my icy cold toes to the cooled refreshed head. It was only this moment when I realized a regulated breathing process can bring me energy, stamina and revival. With a good practice of breathing, I can do many movements that I’d never imagine I could do.

Yoga is a process of training the body and mind. Its goal is to make it easier for people to remove all destructions in the state of mind and body through the many ways various practices. The physical training is to bring the body under complete control in such areas as the regulation and flexibility of muscles. The mental training is to release the stress, obstacles, burdens and troubles though controlled breathing and meditation and internal massages.

Today the lesson is called Yoga Therapy. It was an absolutely relaxing time I must say. It was the first time I started to take care of every inch of my body, from eyes to ears, from head to toes and every joint. It seemed this moment I started to feel myself, my breathes and my heat beat. I know I have only one life and I must cherish myself. I know I belonged to myself.

Yesterday I tried Indian traditional dance the first time in my life. It was a very beautiful experience. I was moved by its haunted melody - very special, soothing and peaceful. The movement was graceful. I will spend more time on this.

Only the three lessons already made me a bit difference: After each lesson, I was feeling like I was as light as a bird, I imagined I could drift. Not only physically, but mentally. I finally could have a decent sleep that I hadn’t had for a long time, I could concentrate longer and faster. I walked slower and spoke slower. I was not in a hurry subconsciously …

I hope Yoga will be my lifelong training course and I’m sure it will make a positive change in my health and spiritual well-being. It can remove the obstacles that block our path, restore and revitalize our mental, physical, emotional, sexual, creative and spiritual energies. Not only that, through Yoga, we can learn to strengthen the body, relax and activate the nervous system, bring peace, balance and one-pointed concentration to the minds.

It was like an exciting journey of self-discovery, where I will acquire a healthier and stronger body and mind – a goal of being a healthier and happy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment