Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Searching for Strength and reflect for improvement




10-8-2011

Gen,

How is the first day's O'camp? As an organizer, you must have a completely feeling and view from different angle to see it.

I think your team will have an assessment daily to adjust your programs based on the participants' response and actual results and make an improvement in next day's event.



This morning, I asked you a question, "Have you found your strength?" You looked puzzled. Thinking back on my own development and many successful people we are familiar with, your reaction is absolutely normal. Don't worry this as long as you have been searching for your strength and doing reflection for improvement relentlessly.

Men's strength, like characters and personality, is changing with environments of bringing-up, ages, education backgrounds and working experiences, eras or times.



Take myself as an example. I never expected my first job was a sales engineer or technical rep. travelling around. I planned to find a lab job and to be a technician, stable and steady in lab, back to my previous job nature. But BAYER was looking for a female Rep at that moment during our final exam, calling my dept. head. Dr Lee, without asking my opinion, had arranging an interview for me. This job turned my life upside down in a wonderful way. I had to be outspoken, fully independently. "Can I do it?" I never worried about this all because three-year' POLYTECHNIC study and training boosted my self-confidence considerably. I was sure I had a better adaptability to fit myself into the job. I knew people had higher and completely expectation on our graduates from the tertiary schools. Meanwhile, I had prepared to have a change from introvert to extrovert persons. If other people had confidence in me, I had no reason to let them down. (It comes to a saying that education changes our fate and our attitude to life. I couldn't agree more.)



All my working experiences are like this first job process: people came to invite me to join their teams or companies, then I changed my jobs from fields to fields, although I never expected to change to a new filed. But all changes bettered my quality of life and made me more confident and open-minded.



What I want to say is you never know what opportunities will come to you or you will be able to create tomorrow. There is no scarcity in opportunities in any eras but resourceful persons.



On top of that, opportunities are left for well-prepared people. The key is if we have well prepared. Prepare what? Attitude, value system, a better personality and our knowledge or professional skills. With these, we will adapt to change. These are key factors determining our destiny, not the environmental conditions . But ourselves. Blaming or complaining our own fates will not add any value to life but lock us in our own prison – a vicious cycle.



With a good attitude, value system and charming personality (all the merits from DISC), you will take a variety of opportunities initiatively and learn to build from one strength to another because you are ready to adapt to change. One thing is certain, are you willing to take the chance and responsibility and pay effort (Mostly effort on changing ourselves – changing our life style, habits and expanding our awareness and comfort zoon.)



So there is no need to worry about your strength, because every day you are developing your strength – one of it is the capability to learn, try and improve if you are open-minded enough.



Mom




 

No comments:

Post a Comment