Sunday, December 19, 2010

Just take it easy and keep a positive mindset anytime

GEN,

I could not sleep last night when you looked so down during the exam period.

Thinking back for my time in POLYTECHNIC, I considered it to be my biggest challenge as my English was far far behind (only 3 years in ENGLISH STUDY from ABC since I came to HK). I said to myself, if I had the chance to be admitted, I must have the ability because people thought I could, so I should not look down to myself. I just did every day the best I could and that was enough. I didn't think anything else. The final year was also terribly tough because of my arthritis that forced me to stay at home for some time. But I managed to get passed in all anyway and got the first job before graduation in my class, recommended by our dept head, LEE Sir.

Thanks for grandmother 's acupuncture, I could walk to attend the external exams. All of our exams were organized by UK Us.

After that, I found everything was much easier and manageable than I expected in my working life.

Uncle Qiu, living on SANDWICH for his bachelor studying life and never told us this. He was in hospital once. He never complained anything.

I think you must have grown up especially on managing your emotion and viewing challenge and difficulty. You have learnt some NLP. In life, most of what you think is illusion, imagination. It all depending how you think and your attitude. Your self-talk is self-hypnosis that controls your life. You need to import positive thinking every day. Remember: emotion influence behavior and thus result.

Don't be underestimate yourself during exam and critical time. Be confident in facing any challenge. And don't over estimate in yourself either during any time. Both are limiting factors and only make you stuck or left behind. Be facing a real self and try to polish it to be perfect (communication with and relationship to others and to inner your selfless; try to understand from other's point of view and multi-views) and minimize blind spots. Then you will be much relaxed and happier and healthier.

Mum

___________________________________________________

Every day will be different and every day will be another day. That is what I say to myself in my life everyday so I don't want to carry any bad historic baggage ( past unhappy experiences) on my life .Today's u is not tomorrow's u. You can make it better by yourself. And only you can. Nobody can but can help you if you know how to to manipulate the resources..



Mum

______________________________________________________

Some suggestions -



Just to get some improvement on emotion control (peaceful mind at any time), physical strength (need workout not just Vitamins and supplements. Habituating yourself to run or to do any daily exercise is the key for your long term well-being and find a better way to study.



A good life habit and lifestyle makes your life much smooth and relaxed. You know that bad habits will create many troubles and that is accumulated to a level that damages health and personal development. It is a cliché talk but common sense is not common. Many people don't know themselves at all.



I found a successful person embraces the following characters:

1

responsible to himself and others

2

be kind to others with a loving and helpful mind

3

empathy and understanding ( put his own foot in other's shoe)

4

open-minded and never waste chance to learn from mistakes and from others

5

curious

6

resourceful

7

resilience and toughness

8

flexible

9

respect to self and others by being punctual and good communication (TRY TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDING)

10

tactful and skillful and efficient

11

self loving (TO LOVE self by keeping a good lifestyle) and self esteemed but not self centred



Mon

No comments:

Post a Comment