Sunday, August 18, 2013

Character analysis by ENNEAGRAM 九型人格

Character analysis by ENNEAGRAM 九型人格.

Just have my forth time on Enneagram study. Every time when touching this topic, I see a bit different myself and have new reflections.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/



Wow, this test looks rather accurate. The result is almost the same as I have concluded myself. I have mixed character from 2,8, to 9 - a helper, challenger, and peacemaker. As a helper, most of the time my decision making tends more for others rather for self; I am a peace maker as I hate confrontation, on the other hand, avoiding others' upset or dislike doesn't mean it is to make peace but bigger problems may be hidden. Luckily I have challenger's character. I need to develop more challengers' character to make up the helper and peacemaker's weakness. 

Win-Win Communication is not just skill but an attitude, mindset and an art - whole life learning for me.

The Enneagram theory tells me that everyone is unique by birth and but personality can be changed with environments when growing up mentally. That is why for mature people, they have collective merits from No. 1 to No. 9 and less weakness.

It is really not important about the number. Everyone can have many inner parts. The most important thing is to know our strength and weakness.

By using this theory, we can develop our own strength, improve ourselves by learning others' strength, deal with people whose personality is different from us BETTER by understanding their BETTER.

Now I am More open-minded and comfortable to live in difference.

Here is my coach friend Susana's sharing. I fully agree with her.

從他人的角度去了解其背後出發點是他的性格特質,便覺得理所當然。明白了,心情即豁然開朗,也不再執著於那一點。很多時與別人溝通,發生衝突是因為大家各自用自己的模式放在對方身上,很自然便覺得我對你錯。若從對方的角度出發,我們會發現一個很不同的演譯。當事情多了些角度,經立體分析,多了份體諒,關係自然會更融洽.

20-8-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment